By joining our local chapter to you will have access to member benefits from National partners
Central PA IEC is committed to having members participate at the local and National levels. Currently we have 3 contractor members who participate as committee members and continue to bring our local issues to the table at the National level.
Benefits of Membership
- Training Curriculum recognized and registered with the U.S. Office of Apprenticeship & Training which is a bureau of the U.S. Department of Labor and the Pennsylvania Apprenticeship & Training Council which is a Council of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry.
- Four Year Apprenticeship program with 144 hours of classroom and 2,000 hours of on-the-job training each year.
- Qualified instructors who have worked in the electrical field for many years.
- Two open enrollments are held each year which attract qualified candidates for the electrical apprenticeship program for members to select.
Professional Electrician Training
- Professional Electricians Program (PEP) Modules on Theory and Code I, II, III, IV, Blueprint Reading, Motor Controls I and II, and Leadership.
- Classes pertaining to the electrical contracting field for various employee classifications are held each year. Topics range from project management, foreman training, human resource issues, change orders; communication and leadership; estimating; customer service; to safety programs. See the continuing education section of this web-site for current seminars and workshops being offered.
- National IEC provides its members with an e-newsletter "IEC Connections" and the "IEC INSIGHTS", a bimonthly magazine which keeps IEC members current on economic trends, union activities, new legislation, and code interpretations that effect the way members do business.
- FREE Safety Manual written by electrical contractors when you join the IEC
- NEC Code books, and general electrical and business manuals and books offered to IEC members at discounted prices
- National IEC Membership Directory of all members in the United States by chapter and the Central PA Chapter IEC.
Monthly Membership and Board Meetings
- Members have an opportunity to meet monthly to decide on various programs to be offered by the Chapter and to have input on the direction of the Chapter
- An opportunity to share business concerns and work together on common issues affecting the electrical contracting industry.
Apprenticeship & Training Council Updates
- Attendance at meetings of the Pennsylvania Apprenticeship & Training Council meetings to keep current on new policies and regulations.
Categories of Membership
- Electrical Contractor Member = Any entity that is a merit shop and union-free contractor engaged in the business of lighting, electrical maintenance, alarm systems, sound, security, voice/data/video, low voltage systems, signs, commercial electrical, residential electrical, and/or industrial electrical pursuant to all certification, registration, and licensing requirements as deemed mandatory by Commonwealth of Pennsylanvia statutes.
- Associate Members = Any entity not directly engaged as an electrical and systems contractor, but whose products and services are utilitzed by the electrical and systems contracting industry shall be eligible for associate membership.
To learn about the benefits of becoming an Associate Member download this flier. Download Now
To learn about the benefits of becoming a Contractor Member download this flier. Download Now